Wednesday, February 19, 2014

To Cam, On Your 8th Birthday

To Cam on Your 8th Birthday,

While this letter is about a month late, it doesn't mean I love you any less. It means that we have been so busy spending time as a family that I haven't had time to sit down and write what I truly want about you and the fact that you are another year older.

In the blink of an eye you have gone from being my little boy to a sweet young man. You continue to amaze me with your quick wit and your ability to make me laugh in the spur of the moment. I have also realized that in combination with your sense of humor, that you feel and care very deeply for others. Your compassion runs deep which is seen in how you are affected when others are hurting or when someone has hurt you.

Sometimes I treat you as if you are much much older than your young 8 years. It seems that I can't remember a life without you. It seems that you have always been a part of this family. I tend to treat you like you are older and give you more responsibility and expect more from you than maybe you are ready for. After all, you are only 8 years old.

You are a brilliant boy with an amazing creativity that shines through in your art and writing. You amaze me everyday in how you practice and persevere with your gymnastics. When your coach gives you a task, you tackle it with full force and come back the following week having mastered the skill. I think even your coach is amazed at your ability.

Cam you are a kind and loving boy. You are friends with everyone and everyone wants to be your friend. I am honored that I was chosen to be your mom. We are blessed to have you in our family and can't imagine a world without you in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment