Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Silliness

Just a few silly comments made by my kids over the last few days.

On Easter Sunday it was very cold and windy. I just did not seem right to let the day go by without actually being outside. Somehow I just feel closer to God when I am outside. So, we were all outside freezing when Cam comes over to ask me if he can water the flowers. I decided it wouldn't do any harm to let him play with the water hose for a few minutes. As I turned around I saw him with the hose pointed directly at his belly. He was soaking wet! "Camden, what are you doing?", I yelled. "Mom, I'm just watering myself so that I can grow." Hmm, that boy is pretty logical.

Today on the way home from school Camden was telling me all about the birds and the clouds. He was having a full conversation back there in the van all by himself. "Mom", he says, " God sure is imaginative." "What? " Since I know that a four year old should not know the word imaginative. "You know, he has a really good imagination to be able to come up with all of these things.", Camden explains. I guess I just got schooled on what four year olds should know these days.

Every night before bed Colin and I play silly games with his stuffed animals. He reminds me so much of myself when I was his age. It just such a good memory to be able to share with him. We line up his "guys" and wrap them in blankets, serve them a snack, read them books. It's just so cute to see him expressing himself though his stuffed animals.

Today we were getting ready to go outside. He brought down some of his stuffed animals and lined them up on the couch. He then drew a very detailed picture of each animal and the order in which they were sitting. When I asked what he was doing, he said that he wanted to see if any of the animals moved to a different spot while he was outside. He had a - in his words - "sneaking suspicion" that the animals played while he was at school. "Well of course they do," I said. He raised one eyebrow at me and went outside. Guess who moved the animals prior to going outside with the boys? You should have seen the look on Colin's face when he came back inside! Priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment