Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Happy Day!

Some pretty cool things happened today. Before you read on, realize that my life is pretty simple right now. I can relish in the little things that happen each day. So, although I did not win the lottery or a Noble Peace Prize, the things that did happen today have made me pretty happy.

1. I had a cup of coffee. A regular ol' cup of joe. Caffeinated. Guess what? It didn't taste good. After 28 days of no coffee (or caffeine in general) having a cup of coffee this morning gave me a headache and made me jittery. It's amazing what clean eating can do for your body.

2. I got an early morning Skype from my sis. Guess who she was holding in her arms? My new great-nephew. Oh my goodness that boy is cute! A full mop of hair and sleepy little eyes. Yummy.

3.  I went on a jog this morning. About 1/2 mile into the jog, I had to cinch up my running pants with the drawstring. The elastic was too loose to hold the pants on my hips. Then, I had to stop and cinch up my heart rate monitor that straps around my torso. Again, too big.

4. I got home from that wonderful jog where I knocked another 23 seconds off of my time from yesterday. Took a shower. Put on my jeans. Too big!

5. My cold in g.o.n.e.

6. Scooby the Wonder Dog got bathed and groomed today. She looks like a sweet little puppy with bows in her hair. Yes, she is curled up on the couch. But who cares when you are this cute?!


4 comments:

  1. Happy! :) And I always thought Scooby was a boy. Learn somethin' new every day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Humpf! That cute little adorable (female) dog just ate an entire pound of honey smoked salmon off of my kitchen counter. I left the room for 20 seconds. She didn't even knock the plate off the counter. No longer a cute adorable dog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Remember when Sneakers ate the steaks off the counter?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I remember. Made me think of Sneakers today. How can they be that big and clumsy but stealthy?!?

    ReplyDelete