Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Ten on Tuesday

1. We went to the Nuggets game last night. We had great seats and were excited to get to share that type of moment with the boys. I think we had the youngest kids there (7pm game). I felt a little guilty for keeping the kids out so late on a school night. We left the game at half time and got home around 9:30pm. I think both boys really enjoyed the experience. However, Cam could not figure out which team was ours and kept rooting for the Rockies.

2. I took the kids bowling on Sunday so Steve could watch some of the Denver Broncos game in peace. Had I known the most important 10 seconds would come at the very end, I might have changed my strategy.

3. Steve was a brave soul and took Cam to a birthday party on Sunday mid-morning. It's a little intimidating for me to go to parties hosted by his school friends.

4. My goal this weekend is to clean out my van. I think I might be foiled by cold temps (tomorrow's high is 22) but we'll see.

5. It's a three day weekend. I'm really itching to get out of town with the boys but I am going to try be patient as Steve might have something in the works for February. Stay tuned.

6. The Bachelor does not seem to have the same pizazz this season as usual. I'm might not even watch the whole season. Okay, I probably will but I'm just sayin'.

7. Cam got it stuck in his head on Sunday that he wanted to buy a guitar. Not just any guitar but a Phineas and Ferb guitar. He had the allowance money saved up but this was the first I had ever heard of him wanting a guitar. Colin has one at home that Cam could play anytime. I had to pull out my mom authority card and say no. It was a weird moment. It was almost like he just wanted to find something to argue about. Oh wait, I'm talking about Cam. Never mind, I had him mixed up with a compliant, humble and quite little boy.

8. I'd really like to have an elliptical machine at home. It would give me a chance to read while exercising. mixing to of my greatest loves...guess I will have to save my allowance money.

9. My job is getting increasingly busier and so is our after school schedule with the boys. I think that equation is backwards. Something is supposed to slow down when another picks up.

10. I have a serious charley horse in my right calf. I had one last week in my left calf in the middle of the night. Last night the one on the right woke me up. It still hurts but feels better when I stretch it out. If I had a job where I could stretch all day, I might be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment