Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Deck the Halls With ... a Cat!

Okay, let me first say it is hard to type with any accuracy using only one hand. Why am I using only one hand you ask? The story goes a little something like this....


We put up our tree early this year. It's the first time we have used an artificial tree. The boys were not really enjoying the whole "go outside and freeze in the snow and wind the day after Thanksgiving to get a real tree" bit. We decided for the next few years we would use a fake tree. That is, until the boys' whining does not result in us carrying them through the tree farm to look for the perfect tree. So, our tree is up. The boys have a week off of school for Thanksgiving and I am fresh out of new and interesting things to do. I am trying to keep them away from stores, play places and anywhere else that might be a germ infested haven; yes, aside from school.





This morning at 3am we awoke to a clatter. A very loud wailing clatter. I thought, "If that is Camden, something is seriously wrong." I popped out of bed a few seconds after Steve. I saw Steve downstairs wrangling the tree. It was a funny sight for two seconds. Then I realized that the cat had climbed the tree and was hanging upside down with her paw stuck in the lights. Oh man was she mad! Here is the cat in question in one of her rare "cute" moments. She is a very feisty cat and growls a lot. She is sweet for about 2 minutes out of each day. No, the crock pot was not on!


Needless to say, Steve got bit, hard. We got a blanket to wrap around her head. He tried that, got bit again, and dropped her. That sent a huge wail through the room that woke Colin. Now we had a crying boy, grandpa in his underwear, grandma with a blanket and me being a hero. I grabbed the cat with the blanket. She bit the heck out of me. Steve got her foot untangled. The rest is history. She took off under the bed and we did not see her again until this morning. She seems perfectly fine. She even Let me pet her for 5 seconds this morning and then took off growling.

Now. back to my bite. I had to crawl up the stairs last night before I got sick all over the tree. That bite hurt! It did not bleed much but it hurt clear down to the bone. Now, being the super mom that I am, for the last two hours I have refused to even consider going to the Dr. At this point my entire arm hurts. I can't bend my thumb. I think I may have cat scratch fever. Well, without the fever. I think that silly cat is going to cost me a trip to the Dr., some antibiotics, and x-rays. There goes my Christmas bonus for being Mother of the Year. And yes, I have a Dr. appointment this afternoon. Hooray.




3 comments:

  1. Oh my!! I love it!! Good luck at the doctor!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Going to the Dr. won't take away your Mom of the Year award! If anything you get bonus points for taking care of yourself so that you can keep being Mom of the Year! Cat bites are nasty. Remember, they use their mouths to clean themselves- including the bottom of the paws that walk in the dirty cat litter! Time for antibiotics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you poor woman! I am sooo sorry! Let me know if I can help...

    ReplyDelete