Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Hot Dog!

Let me start this blog by reminding you that my children are 6 and (newly) 8 years old. 6 and 8! Let me also remind you that last year at this time they were both still in private ski lessons. We weren't sure that Cam would ever get out of ski lessons because his instructor said he liked speed too much and he was a bit out of control.

Fast forward to today. Today was the turning point where we were no longer waiting on our kids on the slopes. We were chasing them. And by chasing them I mean full speed catching up.

With the week that we have had (there's a lot still going on in the Silva household) we felt like we needed to take a family day. We took the boys out of school and headed up to Eldora. It was foggy, sunny, snowy, cold, warm....the only thing it was not was windy (perfect). We had a perfect day with the family and my heart is full.

Here are my two boys taking a lunch break. They were all smiles all day. So was I.
Here's a picture of Cam in the lift up the big mountain. It was so nice to be able to spend time with each boy. Going up the lift is a perfect time to just talk with your kids. It's so quite and beautiful. Cam even commented about how beautiful the scenery was up on the mountain.





I got to spend some time with Colin too. I just can't tell you how much I love these kids. After the last few weeks of stress and sadness, I really need to spend time with my family. I felt a little guilty about taking the boys out of school and taking a day off, but we needed this. I just needed to get lost in my family. That's exactly what we did.





Sooooo, that leads us to this picture. My boys went down a black diamond! Yes they did! It was amazing! The rocked that mountain! Can you tell I am excited about this???!!!






What a great way to spend the day! However, I have realized that I am going to have to get into shape to keep up with these boys. They skied circles around me today.

Cam on the black diamond run!






Both of the boys crossing paths on the black diamond run.







Colin trucking down the mountain.











Cam trucking down the mountain.







No comments:

Post a Comment