Thursday, March 18, 2010

Time Flies; Or Not

Time sure flies. As I sit here reading my last post published in January, I am struck with sheer awe of how many days have gone by since then. I can not say that I have been especially busy. I just seem to get pulled in different directions every day. There are so many things that I should be doing right now. (For instance, right now Camden is yelling at me from down stairs because he and Colin are playing outside and they "need" me. I am going to try to ignore them and see if that works. Nope, here he comes.... Okay he just needed some tape. Not sure why he needs tape outside but in order for me to get a minute to myself, I have now instructed him where the tape resides in our house. I am sure that I will pay for this later as a 4 year set loose with a roll of tape is never a good idea.) See how easily I get off track?

Since the last time I wrote on my blog, Colin has turned 6 years old. I just can not believe that he is six already. He no longer resembles a "toddler" in any way. He is tall and skinny. He usually has a beautiful grin on his face that tells me he loves life. It is so hard for me to let him be six. He's been riding a bike without training wheels for a few years now. He's starting to enjoy BMX biking and hangs from the monkey bars like none other. But he still wants me to take him to school and kiss him goodbye. He still wants me to (oh, here comes Cam up the stairs again... now he's crying about not wanting to play the wii which confuses me a little since he is playing out side.

And we're back. I tried my best to figure out why he was crying but I can not make any sense of it. Cam is currently in his room crying and I am going to finish this post before I deal with a crying boy.)

So, as I was saying, Colin still wants me to lay down beside him every night and tuck him in. He is still like a little boy in so many ways. Then there are times when I get the "Mom, just leave me alone" look. It 's hard to treat him like a little boy and like a big boy at the same time. I guess I have many more years of that to come.

Now a little about Camden's progress over the last few months. When that boy is happy, he is really really happy. When he is angry, he is really really angry. He is such a fun boy to be around. He giggles and laughs and plays tricks on you. But everything can turn on a dime. His fits have gotten fewer and farther between. I don't know if it because he is finally starting to outgrow them or if we have just learned to avoid/diffuse them better. Nonetheless, he is easier to handle and has turned out to be a very lovey kid. He gives hugs and kisses very freely to me and has to give Colin a hug everyday before he leaves for school. Colin tolerates it most days.

That's all the time I have for now. I had hoped to give a long summation of Jan., Feb. and March but now I hear the kids arguing outside. Free time is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment