Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Ten on Tuesday

So I have had a lot of people reminding me that I don't update my blog enough. I am going to try a new strategy and at least update as a "Ten on Tuesday" post. I think today is Tuesday, so here's my update.

1. It seems that Snicks has made a pretty good recovery. We had a bit of a scare when she was dehydrated a few days after surgery. Turns out she was a bit dehydrated and overdosed. Her body did not agree with the pain meds that she was on for four days after her surgery. They finally built up in her body and just knocked her out. After going through withdrawal (shaking and all) she is fine. In fact, at this very moment my sweet sassy cat is sleeping in the dogs crate. Scooby is not too happy about that. Snicks has claimed the crate as hers and so it shall be.

2. I have really been enjoying my time at home with the kids. We have had a nice mix of doing nothing and being very busy.

3. Camden continues to astound me with his vocabulary. He told me that I was "radical" the other day. I don't know that I have ever used this term in front on him. He keeps telling me I'm "old school". Then he uses terms that are so grown up like "actually" and "as a matter of fact". It just sounds so silly coming out of him. He still seems so little to me.

4. Crested Butte is supposed to get 8 feet of snow by the end of the week. I would love love love to be there and just sit and watch the snow fall. I know there is no way we could even drive there at this point as roads are closed and they are issuing warnings to residents in CB to stock up on food and water. But oh wouldn't it be fun to be there.

5. I can not believe that Christmas is 4 days away. The boys are counting down the days on their advent calendars.

6. Steve and I are trying to watch all of the Harry Potter movies to date so that we can see the new one out in the theatre. Man these movies are llloooonnnngggg and actually scarier than I remember.

7. My house was clean. And now it is a wreck. How did that happen?

8. I think I have already eaten my weight in Christmas candy. I am certain that a few pounds have been added to my svelte (ha ha) frame. Add to that the fact that I have another cold and don't have any desire to get up at 6am to exercise, and you have one very jolly round mommy. I might be able to sub for Santa in the event of a crisis.

9. I do think that the spirit of Christmas (and Santa watching) has my kids entranced. They have been so sweet the last few days. I get extra hugs, please and thank you, they are willing to help with anything that I have asked of them. I have been praising them right and left hoping that they can remember that when they have good behavior, mommy is really really happy and we get to do a lot of fun things.

10. I would really like a white Christmas. But I do not think that is going to happen. Anyone that wants to come and spray my lawn with fake snow, go right ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment