Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Christmas Mania

Yes, it's that time of year for me! November 1 marks the beginning of my Christmas season. To all those people in the world that are dismayed about Christmas decorations replacing Halloween decorations in the seasonal aisle on November 1...why be a hater?




Embrace the crazy. Embrace the beauty. Embrace the snowman that sings and dances when you walk by. Embrace the inflatable that is larger than your house. Embrace the zillion lights in your neighbor's front yard. Embrace the person that starts listening to the "all Christmas music" station the minute it hits the air.




Mostly, embrace the reason. Embrace the joy and the love. Embrace the symbolism and the tradition. Embrace being with family and the warm smell of cinnamon. Embrace the happiness and the smiles. Embrace that our Savior is born.


Just so we're clear, you can also embrace that in about 10 days it will look like Christmas threw up in (and outside of) my house.

1 comment:

  1. I will embrace YOU, but not the decorating just yet. I have a confession: I JUST put out my fall decorations on October 31st. Not the norm for me, but I just couldn't bear to let go of summer (read: HAWAII) just yet. I need to let fall sink in for a minute before I move on to Christmas. I will refrain from driving past your house until the day after Thanksgiving, thankyouverymuch. ;)

    ReplyDelete