Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

1. Steve found a crack in the regulator valve on our BRAND NEW oven. He has been going round and round with GE since Appliance Factory Outlet won't do anything to help. It sounds like we are going to have to pay for them to come out and fix our BRAND NEW oven. Word to the wise...don't purchase appliances from Appliance Factory Outlet.

2. I almost did not write this Ten on Tuesday because I forgot it was Tuesday. My days have been all off. I am very surprised that I have not forgotten to pick up my kids or take them to appointments the last few weeks.

3. I just learned from my boys that stapling jello to a tree is impossible. Good to know.

4. We are cat sitting Snicks the Wonder Kitty for the next several days. I miss that little fireball! She still growls like she is going to take you head off.

5. I can not wait until Thanksgiving break. Really. Can. Not. Wait.

6. Cam seems to have made a full recovery from his horrible round of strep throat this weekend. The horribleness only lasted one day but it was bad.

7. I have discovered that being a school nurse is a lot like being a mom. You give the kids some ice water and a piece of candy (maybe a band aid or two) and they are all better. Maybe I was destined to be a nurse. Or maybe just a mom. Yeah, knowing what my sis is going through in nursing school, I think I will just stick with being a mom.

8. Since our oven is out of commission, we ordered Chili's for dinner tonight. Not a bad gig.

9. I had someone come over and clean the house last week. I can't seem to keep up with all of the chores since Steve and I are both working full time. The woman that cleaned our house did such a great job on our kitchen floor. It's slicker than snot. Each of us have wiped out at least once. Wearing socks in our house is no longer a good idea.

10. We still have not bought a new couch. We only went couch shopping once for about 1 hour with both boys. We did not get a whole lot accomplished on that trip. I sure hope we can buy something soon because I can not sit on our couch. It hurts my back more than sitting on the floor.

2 comments:

  1. A numbered response (but they do not correlate with your numbers, so try to keep up):

    1. Stapling jello to a tree? That made me LOL.
    2. How slick IS snot?
    3. We've been known to make dinner for the kids and order Chili's 2 for $20 as a "date" when they go to bed. Great gig, indeed.
    4. How about after Thanksgiving (if you can wait that long) you leave the boys here for an entire afternoon (and evening?) to go couch shopping. I know how un-fun that is with kids. Take me up on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here are my answers in no particular order.
    1. Chili's was so worth it last night. I ate enough salsa to fill a boat. I love the idea of a late order after the kids go to bed.
    2. Stapling jello to a tree...Cam came up with the solution of putting the jello in a plastic container and then stapling it to a tree. Not sure why we need that skill, but it might come in handy someday.
    3. Snot is SLICK!
    4. Oh, you are such s kind friend to take my kids while we couch shop. It's not an enjoyabble experience with kids. Ya know? By the way, Colin was talking a lot about Brody yesterday afternoon.

    ReplyDelete