Sunday, November 13, 2011

Not So Much

You know how we got a new fridge? And microwave? And oven? And dishwasher? Well, one of the three works properly. It seems like our luck has just not been great lately. I know there are bigger things in the world to complain about but I just feel the need to complain about my petty little problems for just a minute. So, if you can stand it, read on. If not, I'll catch you on the next post.

Sooo....when we went to install the new microwave, the door would not shut properly. Well, it shut but every time it shut the microwave came on. Not a great feature so we took it back and got a new one. No problem. Just time and effort on our part.

Steve installed our new oven and after a few tries to get the gas line connected properly, we just can't seem to get past the very faint smell of gas coming from the oven. I think we have narrowed it down to the burners on the top. The connections in the back all seem to be sealed. However, I'm pretty sure that smelling even the faintest odor of gas from your oven is not normal. We are either going to have to take it back or have someone (who will probably charge a ridiculous amount) come out to see what is wrong with the oven. Since I don't think we should be having problems with a brand new oven, we will probably have to return that too. Again, I am sure they will take it back, but it's our time and effort.

In comes the fridge. Besides the fact that it is ginormous, the water/ice dispenser on the front only works intermittently. It has only stopped working on me. Steve joke saying that I am impatient and am not waiting long enough for it to reset from one selection from another. Since the fridge was the floor model, I have a feeling it was "used" a lot prior to becoming ours. So, the fridge might have to be returned too.

Those are our appliance woes. Nothing major but just a lot of time and effort on our part. Time is something that is in short supply around here. We are always coming and going in opposite directions. This was supposed to be a relaxing Saturday at the Silva house. When Cam woke up early in Saturday after a horrible night of sleeping on Friday, I took him to the doctor and he had strep. My kids don't get "normal" strep. They get high fever, shivering, vomiting strep. Aren't we lucky? So I cancelled our appointment the we had scheduled to get our Christmas pictures taken and cancelled to amazing sitter that we had scheduled for the boys. So instead of going on a date with my husband, I spent the day taking care of Cam while Steve went to work and ran errands. Not the way that I planned to spend the day.

It just seems that we can't catch a break. I'd like to stamp my feet and throw a fit but I'm a grown up now so I'll just blog about it and deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment