Monday, August 13, 2012

Wrapping Up

Many of you were probably left wondering why the Silva's weren't around much over our last three weeks in Colorado. Considering this whole process happened pretty quickly, it seemed that we already had a lot planned and a lot on our summer list of things to do that just could not be overlooked. So like any sane family, in the midst of some serious house cleaning and packing, we took as much time as we could out of our busy lives to have some fun. Here's where we spent our time in the month of July.

July 4th didn't really go off with a bang since there were no fireworks, but we did celebrate with some great friends. We didn't go see any of the fireworks in the area. Next year is sure to be different in Kansas!


As planned, we still celebrated my parents 50th Wedding Anniversary in Crested Butte. I still have to blog about our time there. Great memories! But here are a few pictures from our trip. It amazes me to know so many native Coloradans that have not been to Crested Butte. Put this on your bucket list people! It's one of the most beautiful places I have ever been.

This is a picture of the boys at the base of Lost Lake. I can't even count how many times I have been to this lake. The air is peaceful, the water is calm and the view is breath taking. So neat to share this experience with my boys!

The hike up to the beaver dam was short and uneventful. I really think the kids could have spent hours at this spot. I know they get tired of the "when I was a kid" stories but I think this time they believed me when I said this one of my favorite places in the whole entire world.




We were blessed to see a double rainbow over Mt. Crested Butte. In all my years visiting, I have never seen anything like this. Double rainbows are supposed to bring good luck. Guess the fact that 22 people (for the most part) got along in one house over a 3 day time period was about all the luck we could ask for. :-)


As much as I hate horse back riding, the view was enough to make up for my dislike of riding. You just can't help but stare in wonder at all the amazing mountains in this area. We rode up part of Snodgrass Mountain. We saw a small deer, lots of bear prints and some amazing wildflowers.


The boys really enjoyed playing at Slate Creek too. Again, put this on your bucket list. This is an easy flowing river with skipping rocks to the hearts content. You will bring home a bucketful of rocks because your kids will just think they are all so amazing. Be prepared for the cold water and the wet clothes.


This was what my kids waited for all summer. We kept promising them that if they could just give us three solid days to get the house ready to put on the market, we would take them to Elitch's. We had a great time. I think it lived up to their expectations.


Colin was drenched from the water ride. Ironically, he wanted to go again and again. Thanks Aunt Roxanne for riding with the boys when mom and dad wouldn't.


Cam looking a bit like a drowned rat. His goal was to get as wet as possible. We had to ring out his clothes. Pretty sure he accomplished his goal.


Baseball practice doesn't stop just because you are moving. Colin's team was counting on him so he finished out the season with his team. A lot of his team mates were in his class at school so this last practice was a little tough on all of us.


What better way to spend an evening than with a Christmas squirrel and a Forest Owl. Saying goodbye to some very good friends (and maybe future daughter-in-laws if we play our cards right). I think I might even miss these two cutie pies more than Colin and Cam.


The last baseball game of the season. Colin played a rock star game. He made all three outs in the third inning. Caught a fly ball and then tagged the return runner out at second. Then fielded the next ball for an out at first base. Rock star!


Who knew this lake even existed?! Cam went to a birthday party the last weekend that we were in town. It was a private lake in a small neighborhood. We spent nearly 6 hours out there. The fish were calm enough to catch with your hands!


Spending our last day in Colorado with great friends. One last trip to the zoo. Smiles all around!


Yes, these two look like they could be twins. Two peas in a pod and I tell you these two together mean trouble!


Pictures not added: Water World - we had a great day there too but I was too scared to get out my camera for fear of all the water splashing and screaming going on.

Up next, our adventures in KC! You will be surprised at all of the things we have already done. Or, if you know me well, you won't be surprised at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment