Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

1. Colin lost a tooth while he was sleeping last night. He came in our room at 5:30am and expressed, "Something is not right. I think I lost my tooth in my sleep." After Steve took a quick look, he did indeed loose his tooth. It was sitting on his pillow. He has another one that will probably come out at school today. He has now lost all of his front teeth. They are in various stages of growth and I can't wait to get his picture taken!

2. Camden and I have had some very interesting conversations about marriage lately. Yes, my 5 year old and I are talking about marriage. He has a "girl" friend at school that has convinced him they are getting married. Boys typically don't entertain this thought in preschool. They are too busy digging in the mud and sticking things up their nose (more on that later). But Cam took my wedding ring off on Sunday and put it on his finger. He wondered aloud if he and "S" would have the same rings as me and daddy. He wondered where they would live and what type of pet they would have. Those are two very important aspects of a marriage. Then yesterday he asked me about love. He wondered if you had to marry everyone that you loved and if you could marry someone without loving them. He said he felt like he loved a lot of people but he knew he couldn't marry a lot of people. The conversation progressed to him telling me that he thought he loved his friend "A" but they had not really talked about getting married. He also loved his friend "S" and she wanted to marry him so he thought that's what he should do. However, he wants to have "A" over for a sleep over before he having "S" over. My head is spinning. He's only five. What is it going to be like when he's 15?

3. To "summer camp" or not to "summer camp"? I would like to sign the boys up for at least one summer camp a piece this year. Last year they both did a Lego camp and a few other short morning craft camps together. Based on their ages they were able to be in the same classes. This year, not so much. I'm not sure that they are going to go for the whole separated from each other thing. A lot of the camps are full day which seems like overkill to me. However, there are so many cool options...sports camp, pet camp, lego camp, bug camp, gymnastics camp, soccer camp, pottery camp, science camp, swimming camp, craft camp....
I don't have a problem signing them up for camp but they notoriously throw fits about having to actually go to these things once they are signed up. It's an interesting battle since I have never once allowed them to not go to something after signing them up. Is it worth the battle?

4. We are now a pet free home. We were able to find a home (a neighbor just a few blocks away) to keep Snicks. Cam's allergies were getting out of control so we thought we would give it a try. After taking Snicks to the neighbor's I cleaned every scrap of everything in the house to get the fur out. When I say everything, I mean everything....drapes, rugs, sheets, comforters, towels, vents, floors, window tracks, couches... Two days later, Cam was symptom free. He has not had so much a a sniffle. No itchy eyes. No sneezing. No miserable attitude. I hate being a pet free home. But I love having a well kid.

5. Speaking of sniffling, at the mall on Sunday Cam asked for a tissue. When I looked over, he had a green bead coming out of his nose. I have no idea when or how it got there. He would not fee up to putting it in his nose. The strange thing is, he did not get belligerent when I asked him if he put it in his nose. I would have expected this reaction from Cam. When he does something wrong, he gets angry and mean. I am not going to push the issue other than telling him that putting things in our nose is never a good idea. These are the things that are just not written in parenting books anywhere.

6. I might have figured out what I want to be when I grow up. Stay tuned.

7. My grocery budget is still on track. It's amazing how much can be saved when you shop the sale ads and use coupons. I saved $7.00 on Claritin by buying box of 20 with 5 free tablets and using a $5 coupon. This is in preparation for the cottonwood blooming season which is just around the corner.

8. If the weather gets warmer (today it is snowing and 19 degrees) we might take the kids skiing this week.

9. I feel that Colin's birthday was not celebrated enough. We had his party. We went out to dinner. We did cake and ice cream. We decorated the house. We did candles. I took treats to school. I took him out this weekend to spend his birthday money. For some reason, it just does not feel "big" enough.

10. I love a clean house. And clean sheets. And clean windows. And clean laundry (that's folded and put away). And clean bathrooms. And clean kitchen floors. And clean counter tops. And clean dishes. And clean tables....I'll let you guess which of these have actually happened this week.

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh Camden. I don't even know where to begin! I love him so much. Maybe not as much as "S" or "A", but I love him.

    I think as moms, our kids birthdays are never "big" enough. We almost expect to turn on the news and see a story about our baby turning 7. The world doesn't stop to celebrate with us. The day comes and goes and we look forward to the next year. I get it. I think if he felt loved and celebrated, you did your job!

    We've had a LEGO up the nose before. I can't imagine that not happening in your house...

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I just clicked your ad. :) And two of the ads below are for summer camps! Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete