Friday, March 4, 2011

To Colin on Your 7th Birthday

Colin, I can not believe that you are 7 years old. I remember the day you were born like it was yesterday. You are a shining light in my life. It goes without saying that I love you with all of my heart. You are such a gentle boy. Even though you are seven, you still let mommy give you hugs and kisses. You still let mommy snuggle with you and read you books. You have always been mommy's little boy. Both of us are working on letting that title go. I am trying to give you more space and help you to become more independent.




You are a natural leader. Your little brother wants to be just like you. You are a wonderful student and such a hard worker. Sometimes you are harder on yourself than I would ever be. You are determined to make good grades. You are determined to do the right thing. You care about others, about animals, about the world. You carry so much weight on your shoulders. You believe in God in heaven and talk often about the wonderful feeling that you get when you think about Jesus.
You are so smart. You are a Lego mastermind. It amazes me how you can sit for hour after determined hour and finish a lego project. I love to hear you read and watch you complete amazing math problems.

Colin you are such a blessing to this family. I know you are going to go on to do such great things. I see you as a humanitarian and lego designer all wrapped into one! I love you sweetie. Even when you are goofy.

No comments:

Post a Comment