Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Ten on Tuesday...A Little Late

1. Colin’s Boyscout trip this weekend sort of fell through. Long story short we did not realize that we would be sharing a room with another family. That would be fine if we knew any families in Boyscouts. But nope, none of our friends were going for the Winterfest so we were going to be rooming with a family that we did not know. Since that was not enticing to Steve or myself, we bowed out. Instead, we had a family campout in the living room. We set up three air mattresses and rented some dvd’s. The boys ate McDonald’s on their beds, we played wii, board games and fell asleep watching movies.

2. Day two of the family campout was a day at the zoo. We spent the majority of Saturday at the zoo. It was fun to have Steve with us all day. After the zoo, we decided instead of letting the kids pick something from the gift shop, we would go over the Build-A-Bear at the mall. They had the new HOP E.B. out. Since I secretly want one, I settled for getting one for each of the boys. I have not been this excited about a movie for a long time.

3. Steve and I spent Sunday out in the back yard. I planted some flower bulbs (purple cone flowers, dahlias and peonies) that I am hoping will come up in early summer. We’ll see. I tried and tried to get purple cone flowers to grow in my yard with no success. I see them growing all over the place so I am hoping that by really amending the soil, I can get them to grow.

4. We are planning on putting in a few small raised gardens for this summer. Our yard is not huge but I think we have figured out how to best utilize our space. Of course, it is going to be a lot more work than anticipated but it will all be worth it (says the wife that will just tell the husband where to dig).

5. I took Cam for a private ski lesson last Thursday. He’s getting better at his turns but his instructor said that Cam still has not fear. Therefore, Cam should not go down the mountain first but should follow someone. I am hoping that we can go back up on Sunday with the whole family.

6. Cam’s speech therapy is helping a lot. He’s working on his “r” sounds now. I think this might be a slow go since there are so many blends but we’ll keep working away.

7. Colin is such a bright little cookie. He continues to bring home super grades and finished work. He such a perfectionist in his work. I am trying to teach him that everything does not have to be perfect but he gets really anxious when he does not finish something exactly right.

8. Grandma and grandpa rolled into town today. They’ll be at our house for a few weeks and then will head up to Estes Park for the summer/fall. Grandma was at our house for a total of 2 hours before she took Cam out to buy a toy and to McDonald’s for lunch. That’s a grandmas job I suppose.

9. Camism: Cam kissed my hand the other day. When I asked if he ever gave anyone else a kiss like that he said, “Only “A” because she’s my Princess.” Melt. My. Heart.

10. Can’t wait for warm spring weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment