Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

1. Cam and his friend took a little break. By little, I mean 1 day. He nearly broke her heart telling her that he wanted to see other people, yesterday. But today, the love is back and he will have a 2 hour play date with his bestie. Doesn't this look like a match made in Heaven?






2. Colin has field day yesterday. The weather cooperated. Sunny and gorgeous. Field day has changed a bit from when I was a kid. Instead of long jump and races, they did tug-o-war , sack races and pass the cup. Different, but so much fun. Tomorrow is the last day of school. After a very rocky start to the school year, I can say without a doubt that Colin's amazing teacher has made a profound difference in his life. Who am I kidding? She has made a profound difference in the entire Silva family. Although he still gets upset some mornings, I always know that his teacher will be there to give him a hug and a kind word when he gets to school. Colin loves his teacher and talks about her like she is a member of our family. I guess she can be the "honorary" mom. :-)




3. Aunt Roxanne made a trip out to see us. She just left this morning. I think the only thing keeping the kids from tears is knowing that we plan on going to KS in June. It’s always so much fun to be with her. The kids adore her (and so do I).




4. Colin decided this morning that all of our family lives too far away. I posed the comment that maybe WE live too far from our family. Now there’s a thought.



5. Rain, rain and rain. We skipped a few days of the rain, but it’s back with a vengeance. It’s a gully washer out there. Hang on to your umbrellas folks.



6. The tornado in Joplin reminded me of the amazingly scary time in KS when a tornado tore up neighborhoods near us. Our house had some damage but everything was easily fixable. Needless to say, tornado season is not my favorite time of the year. I try not to get too hyper about things around the kids. But when the sky turns grey/green, I keep my eye on the clouds. If any of my neighbors want to be on my “call list”, let me know. I have a weather alarm in the house and make calls to the neighbors when it’s time to go to the basement. Knowing what a tornado cloud looks like is not one of my favorite qualities about myself, but unfortunately, I know what they look like and take precautions when they are near.



7. Camism for the week, “Mom, I wish I had a time share. That way I could go back to when the dinosaurs were alive.” Um, okay honey, I’ll grant you a time share in Hawaii someday.




8. We have not had the chance to go camping yet this spring. We usually make our first trip out on Mother’s Day weekend and then pretty much every weekend after that during the summer. It’s almost June. Rain rain go away.



9. The next few months are going to be very busy. Colin has baseball practice on M/W with games on Thursdays. Cam has baseball practice on W with games on Tuesdays. Baseball goes through the middle of July. I knew what I was in for when I signed them up, but that does not mean I have to like it.



10. Somehow it seems like I do 17 loads of laundry every week. Why is that?

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha ha! Point #1 made me laugh, and that picture is very cute. Ohhhh the drama.

    A distant funnel cloud is what made me say my very first bad word when I was little (okay, I was in jr. high). Put me on the call list.

    ReplyDelete