Thursday, January 20, 2011

Feeling Old

How come the more I try to stay young, the older I feel? Yesterday while I was running I inhaled very deeply and I felt the muscles in my back pull completely from one side to the other. Yes, breathing. This morning I feel like someone clubbed me in the back with a baseball bat.

Normally it's my lower back that hurts. This time it is everything except my lower back. I'll try to ice it today since I can't afford the time to get in to the chiropractor today. The kids just saw me try to get out of a chair. As I grimaced and tears welled up in my eyes, Colin said, "Are you okay mom?" My reply, "Yes Colin, I'm okay. It's just a backache. You can't die from a backache." Um, I really hope that true because this one HURTS!

Camism today: "Mom, are any of my Webkinz celebrating a special occasion today? I need to complete my gold coin collection so I can buy a dragster from the Wish Shop."
That's a lot of big words little man.

Update on Snicks - she is one crazy cat. I was sitting at the table on Tuesday filling out some paperwork. The cat did a stealth jump onto the table and attacked my hand; repeatedly. I'd push her off and she would jump back up. It was quite a fun game for her. I get, like, 10.9 seconds to myself a day. I really needed to get this paperwork completed for Camden's speech therapy. Kitty foiled my plans.

After the boys were snug in there beds last night Steve and I heard giggling from upstairs. I went up to see what was going on. Colin was dangling his hands and feet over the edge of his bed and the cat was attacking him. I am so glad that Snicks made it through her surgery. Colin would have been heartbroken for many months to come. He loves that little fireball with all of his heart.

Please continue t pray for Joanne (a friend of a friend). She is being taken off of the meds that induced the coma (so the swelling in her brain could recede). They do not know how long it will take for her to wake up or the extent of the damage. You can follow her progress here:

http://thesimplewife.typepad.com/the_simple_wife/

No comments:

Post a Comment