Thursday, January 6, 2011

Ten on Thursday (Because I Did Not Get To It On Tues.)

My Ten on Tuesday posts did not last very long. I am a few days behind. So here goes....
1. Camden is still using words that are way to big for him. It cracks me up. Yesterday he was putting together a Lego. I noticed that he was not following the exact directions. When I asked him why he used a different piece he said, "Mom, I am improvising." Wow. Excuse me. I shouldn't question a 5 year old.

2. Colin has decided that he wants to have his 7 year birthday party at the Humane Society. When he found out that the payment for the party went directly back to the animals and their care, he chose the Humane Society over a party at the Lego Store. I love his heart.

3. Steve continues to work weird and long hours. He has worked so many night shifts along with his regular day shift that I do not know how he can function. I've been trying to take care of things at home so he can do what he needs to do at work but it's hard when there's no clear schedule. He should be getting a review within the month so hopefully all of his hard work will pay off.
4. Facebook is the coolest thing ever. When I was in middle school we hosted an exchange student from Iceland. She was a wonderful friend and I have tried to find her on facebook a few times but could not figure out the spelling of her last name. Yesterday she contacted me via facebook. So cool!

5. I am having a hard time not putting my name in the running for full time positions opening up at the Charter School. I know there is no way that I can work full time and juggle the kids' school and activities like I do now. Steve works so many hours that I just can not commit to a full time job. I want to work but I don't want to leave my kids with someone else. I want to work but Cam is just starting Kindergarten next year. I want to work and a job at the school would be perfect. But not right now. I have to wait for God's timing and not try to fit it into my own timing.

6. Cam is going back on antibiotics. His sinus infection is not quite gone. He still has a gooey nose so it's back to a 10 day dose of antibiotics for him. I hate putting him on meds but I just can't seem to get him well.

7. My sis is moving from Charleston, SC in March. This is kind of a bummer because I thought we would be able to go out to Charleston one last time this summer. They were supposed to be moving to Rhode Island in July. Things changed and now they have orders to move to St. Louis. Bummer.

8. Colin lost his 3rd front tooth last week. It was loose already but it was knocked out by Cam when they were wrestling. I have given up on the "No Wrestling" rule. It's a constant battle so I just told them that if they got hurt, it was not my fault. Karma baby. Karma.

9. Colin had a "Go See Em' with Boyscouts last night. Steve took both Colin and Cam to the Police Station for a tour because we thought Cam might enjoy it too. Turns out the police officer did not know much about how to handle a group of 6 year olds. The kids got lectures on sexual predators, murders, bodies being dumped in fields, drunk drivers.... not the kind of information that I expected for a tour with 6 year olds. Nice. Really nice.

10. I am ready for more snow or spring. Not sure which.

No comments:

Post a Comment