Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

1. The continuation of the shower saga....as I was showering today Colin came in the room crying. He said he needed to snuggle with someone because he was sad that he had to go to school today. I'm thinking to myself, yes, I get it kid. I understand that you are sad but really...I am in the shower. And you had to walk right past your dad to come up here and talk to me. Really?

2. Camism: "Mom, they made this DS game very complicated. I can't get my guy to go at the right angle to cross the threshold." Okay.

3. Steve continues to work ridiculous hours. He went in last night at 9pm (after a full day of work). I don't know what time he got home. It was between midnight and 5am. I am leaning closer to the 5am slot since when I came home from the gym at 7am he was still asleep and the kids were downstairs watching tv. The kids told me that he got up and turned on the tv for them and went back to bed. That's not really like him so it must have been a very late/early morning for him.

4. I am trying to decide it I want to apply for a substitutes license or go the harder route and take the PRAXIS test and then apply for my Colorado teaching certificate. I have not held a license since living in KS. That was quite some time ago.

5. We are getting a little taste of spring time weather here but I know it is short lived. We played outside yesterday but by this weekend it is supposed to be frigid again.

6. Colin had a hard time going to school today (see Item 1). It's interesting that he recognizes that when he has an extra day off, it is harder for him to go to school.

7. Camden was so tired last night. I woke him up at 10pm to take him to the bathroom and there was a puddle of drool on his bed and down his neck. Yuck. But that probably explains why he has been getting up at 5:30am the past few mornings. He sleeps hard for 8-9 hours and is ready to tackle another day.

8. I am finally on the other side of well. My cold decided to give me a farewell gesture and leave a nice big cold sore on my lip. Thanks.

9. Wondering when we can get the kids back up on the mountain to go skiing. However, it kind of freaks me out a little bit with how much trouble ski slopes have been having with their lifts lately. Skiing is a very dangerous sport.

10. Not much on the agenda for this week. The evening should be pretty calm at the Silva house. I have been trying out some new (easy) recipes. Some have been a hit and some have been a big fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment