Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

1. I realized the other day after looking at Cam's birth certificate that my birth date is wrong on his certificate. I am a year younger on his birth certificate. Something tells me that I should probably get this changed and something else tells me that it is not going to be an easy process.

2. Camism for today....He had to take his medicine last night. He fusses and complains every time so I told him that he had to have it, no exceptions. He turned to me and said, "Come on mom, cut me some slack."

3. My throat still hurts. It's a different kind of hurt though. I don't feel sick. My head is not stuffy. My throat just hurts. It's better during the day but by late evening, it hurts all the way up to my ears and I have a headache. I would like to go back to the doctor but I am assuming that since I have no other symptoms, they will run blood work. That being said, I can't go to the Dr. with a kid in tow because I always pass out when they take blood. It's just something I have come to expect. I can't have Cam there with me while they are picking me up off the floor. Guess I'll just see if my throat gets better or worse over the next few days.

4. Colin was still his same old grumpy self after school yesterday It wears off around 6pm. That just makes for a long two hours.

5. I got to take a shower AND get dressed all by myself on Saturday. Everyone was gone so it was quite easy. I almost had time to shower and dress by myself the other days of the week too. If I would have just cut my shower/dress time by 15 minutes. I would have had complete privacy. Oh wait, it only takes me 15 minutes to shower and get dressed.

6. We did get some snow over the weekend. It's very dry and powdery snow. It's too cold for the kids to go outside so I'm not sure the snow was exactly what I asked for.

7. Steve and I went out to dinner on Sunday afternoon. We have not been out since, oh goodness, October, I think. That's when we went to Las Vegas and my mom watched the kids. I kind of miss my husband.

8. It's a really good feeling to be recycling more than we throw away. Our recycle bin is more full each week than our garbage bin. Yeah us.

9. I baked cookies today. Something about being cooped up when it is cold outside just makes me want to bake. I don't necessarily want to eat what I bake, so come on over and help me out.

10. Steve and I have decided to keep our summer vacation close to home. We want to plan a few long weekends to Colorado destinations. Any suggestions of fun places in the state to go with kids? We have considered Steamboat, Glenwood Springs, Royal Gorge and/or Silverton train.

No comments:

Post a Comment