Saturday, February 12, 2011

Setback

I'm not sure what happened but Camden can not walk again. In fact, I think it might be worse. He had one good day (a fluke maybe?) on Thursday. He went to gymnastics and ran around for an hour and a half. Then we came home and rested. He appeared to be fine the rest of the day. However, on Friday he woke and couldn't walk again.

Right now he's on the floor playing Legos with Colin. I suspect that this will be the activity of the day. It's supposed to be really nice outside but Cam can't really get out there since he can't walk in shoes.

Last night I made the mistake of searching the net about other possible diagnosis for Cam. That was a mistake. I couldn't sleep after reading, "May cause death." at the end of one of the possibilities. I'll stay off the search engines and take him to the Dr. on Monday. It's probably not going to be an easy visit for him. It sounds like they'll take blood and xrays at the very least. I don't really want to think about the other possible tests right now. It's not something I would want to go through and it's not something I want to put my child through. I have just been praying that this will just go away. I will double my prayer efforts this weekend because as a "worrying mom", my mind goes to the worst place and gets stuck there.

Hopefully with rest and Motrin, this will be a thing of the past on Monday. Wouldn't that be a great Valentine's present?

1 comment:

  1. My little sister Tara got Parvo (yes, the dog disease) when she was about 9. She couldn't walk for a month. It was so weird. She also couldn't use her hands correctly and I must be honest, I thought she was faking it until they finally made the diagnosis. So glad you are being compassionate to Cam. Just when you think it can't get any more complicated...

    ReplyDelete