Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

1. Cam is walking again. We dogged a bullet there. I was ready to take him in for a bunch of tests. What a difference 9 days make. I am glad he is better but it was a long haul getting here.

2. Today was a gorgeous Colorado day. It was sunny and 65 degrees. I know we'll probably get another snow before spring gets here but we sure enjoyed today.

3. We found Cam a bed and dresser at American Furniture. He was pretty adamant about not wanting a day bed until he realized that this one comes with its own secret hide out underneath. We don't have the furniture yet as they were out of stock and should get more in on Saturday. That will (maybe) give us time to paint Cam's room before we move the new bed and dresser into place.



4. Colin seems to be doing better with school. He has made a really good friend that he talks about constantly. I think that has made all the difference.

5. On Valentine's Day I delivered flowers to a resident at The Balfour in the Hospice Unit. I have never met Delinda before in my life but I wanted to put a smile on someone's face on Valentine's Day. The idea was to extend love to a stranger. I was so taken back with her gratitude and attitude. She was just the sweetest lady.

6. I have successfully cut $500 from our monthly budget. I have basically scaled back our groceries. I don't buy things that are not on the list and use coupons and plan meals according to the sale ads. I thought I was doing a good job of this before, but I guess not. Now that I am really paying attention and trying to save, it's working. I wonder what I should do with my extra $500 a month?

7. Camden complained through the entire meal tonight that he did not like steak. I served him turkey. I wonder if that is a good or a bad thing?

8. I have started exercising again after a good two month hiatus. I can't exercise if I can't breath. I have been surprised that over the last week I have made it back to a 4 mile run pretty easily.

9. For Valentine's Day Steve gave me a gift card for a massage. To top it off, he wrote me a note that stated he would take a day off of work so that I could have a "work week" day to myself. That makes me a very happy girl.

10. I have been reading a book, One Thousand Gifts, by Ann Voskamp. It has inspired me to start keeping a list of all of the little things that I have to be thankful for. Here is a small start....snow dripping off of the roof, bubbles crackling in the bathtub, the smell of citronella candles in the seasonal isle at Target, the rustling sound of legos, soft hugs from my boys.

1 comment:

  1. Glad I could give you something you deserve for Valentine's day! I hope you take me up on it.

    Love You.

    ReplyDelete