Thursday, February 10, 2011

Ten on Thursday (Because I Wrote Something Different on Tues.)

1. We are well! Wait, did I just say that out loud? Knock on wood. We are all fever free. We are on our last few days of antibiotics. Best of all, we can all walk! Cam has had a really good day today. I suspect within the next two hours, he will be so tired he can't keep his eyes open. But today he has been active and "boy like" all day.

2. We have yet to touch the layer of snow out in the backyard. It looks so pretty out there. I know the kids will make their foot prints in it this weekend when we have more hours of daylight. It's just too cold/dark when Colin gets home after school. I'm excited for them get a chance to play in the snow this weekend.

3. It seems that Colin has made a good friend at school (finally). I went in to volunteer today and saw him playing and joking with his newest buddy. I don't know, do boys call them "Besties" or "BFF"? Somehow I don't think so.

4. On the way home from school today Colin asked me if it was legal for a person to play a guitar on the side of the road and ask for money. I am not sure where this came from but I had to explain to him that it was not actually legal to panhandle or beg for money. That led to a whole different conversation about helping others, the government, taxes, homelessness, helplessness.... That kid is a deep thinker.

5. Colin is making his Valentine's box for school. This might be the first Valentine's box in history that has nothing to do with Valentine's Day and everything to do with Legos. Very interesting.

6. I have plowed through a lot of books already this year. I know there is no way I can year 100 books in a year (a goal many set for themselves as a Resolution) but I can count 12 books that I have already read. It's nice to have a little extra time to read but I will admit, the housework is suffering.

7. I don't really like cold weather. I get so cold during the day that I can not do anything to get warm. It's kind of ridiculous that I am inside a 73 degree house with my coat on and I am still cold.

8. Brothers wrestling until someone pees their pants is just beyond me.

9. Are there any brand of socks out there that don't have the seam at the toes? Every morning we have issues with socks, seams, tears and frustration. I have tried every sock sold at target, Kohl's and Wal-mart.

10. I think I am addicted to diet coke. I have worked my way up to three a day. That's not a good thing in my book. When I was pregnant/nursing, I gave up all soda. That means I went almost four years without soda. Why oh why did I ever start drinking it again?

No comments:

Post a Comment