Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

Ten on Tuesday

1. Today is supposed to be the 100th Day of School. However, the kids have a "cold day" today. Cold as in, "Man, it's cold outside." Although, Colin would qualify for a, "I have a horrible cold and kept my mom up all night coughing." cold day. Nonetheless, Colin organized 100 Lego mini figures in honor of 100th day. Here's to you Mrs. Larson. Thanks for the inspiration.


2. Speaking of cold. It really is cold outside. I am surprised that school was cancelled, but I'm really not complaining.

3. Colin's strep throat/cold is really giving me a run for my money. He keeps coming up with new symptoms unrelated to his strep. I have his fever under control now. He is still taking round the clock Tylenol/Motrin. Between Colin and Cam, this is a photo of what we have used in the last 24 hours. Ridiculous.


4. I am about half way through one book that I got from the library on anxiety. It really describes Colin perfectly. The only problem with the book is that it gives strategies that are very time consuming and maybe a little too involved for a 6 year old. I have three other books to wade through so I will see if I can come up with some strategies that will help.

5. I am convinced that Legos are like crack to kids. You know how there is a mystery ingredient in McDonald's french fries that make them addictive? Or the special thing in Diet Coke that makes you want ONLY diet coke and no other type? How about cigarettes, alcohol, chocolate, video games, facebook, blogging...these are all addictions. You can add Legos to the list. Over the last week, my kids have been willing to do just about anything to earn marbles. One marble equals 10 cents. It takes a lot of marbles to earn enough money to buy a Lego. They are constantly begging for more chores. The neat thing is, they have both said that they will share their money with each other if one does not have enough to buy a Lego. But seriously. Did you see the photo above? When is enough, enough? Addictive.

7. Is it bad that it's only 9:45am and I am already looking forward to putting the kids to bed tonight? I'm happy to spend the day with them but I know we can't go anywhere (both because of Colin's fever and the cold outside). I'm a little restless. I don't want to get out any big craft projects because there are already so many Legos out all over the place that there is no room for anything else. (Do you see a pattern here?) That means another day of watching movies. That's fine with me but I don't think the kids are on board.

8. I just looked over at Camden and he is licking his arm. I guess that it my sign that he is bored and needs some entertainment.

Not gona' make it to 10 right now. Maybe I'll post more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment